Transform simple cakes into art with Andy Mueller.
Andy Muller is a award wining Cake Designer and Instructor based in UAE. Her expertise is not only in painting on cakes but also in Korean, French, Swiss and American Buttercream. She is also well known for her abstract creations of isomalt, wafer paper and chocolate decorations.
Andy is certified by the International Korean Association of Flower Cake Designers as a Korean Buttercream Instructor and as an Instructor of the PME technique (UK).
About the course
During this class you will learn different techniques while exploring your creativity.
We will provide you with an 8” pre-baked cake which is ready for you to be layered and frosted with buttercream. In the next step all students will paint a beautiful face, flowers and background decoration on fondant.
During the whole process, Andy Mueller will guide you and show you how to achieve the best results. She will also explain how you can do these paintings directly on buttercream as a next step of your learning process.
- Techniques that will be covered during the course
- How to prepare the perfect buttercream for painting, explanations of ingredients and substitutions will be shared.
- How to transfer designs on cakes to achieve amazing results (both buttercream and fondant)
- How to paint on fondant using edible colours.
- How to flavour buttercream and use it as filling on cakes and how to cover a cake with buttercream.
- Students will assemble the cake for final presentation.
- Each student will work on their cake individually.
The duration of the class is around 7 hours with a break. Uniforms, coffee, tea and water will be provided.