This Program exposes students to the diverse world of Swiss confectionery, ice creams and fine chocolate production. Although fast paced & compact, this program provides a complete introduction to modern pastry making, chocolate & ice cream production.
Completing this program successfully would enable students to:
- Specialize in the field of Modern Pastry, Chocolate & Ice Cream and perfect the art of exceptional pastries.
- Further advancement in their skill development and career towards Head of Pastry or Pastry Chefs .
- Be familiar with the art of pastry presentation.
- Sweet Paste: Preparation, rolling, lining tarts, troubleshooting.
- Sponge Mixtures: Different production methods, types of sponge mixtures, sponge variations- rolled and gluten-free sponge, storage.
- Sugar Syrup: Boiling, measurement of density.
- Crème, Curds, Fruit Mousses and Fillings: Pastry and bavarian crème, fruit curds, preparation techniques of fruit mousse, gateaux and entremets filling.
- Meringue: Preparation and application of different meringue, mixtures, butter meringue mixtures in cake, frangipane mixtures and pound cakes.
- Frozen Desserts: Parfait, frozen mousse.
- Cream Cakes, Classic Cakes and Entremets: Preparation of basic sponge bases, layering ice cream cakes, flavor and texture combinations of cakes, Preparation of buttercreams and shiny glazes, velvet spray technique and decoration.
- Ice Cream Cakes: Base from scratch and pre-mixes, plating and designing ice cream cakes.
- Choux Paste: Preparation and applications of choux paste, precise baking and piping techniques, various fillings.
- Decoration: Basic, classic and modern pastry decorations, handling and storage of decorations at ideal temperature.
- Chocolate Tempering: Processing and working with couverture, ingredients, shine, chocolate tempering methods, chocolate decoration.
- Ganache: Types of ganache, extending shelf life, accurate technique of handling ganache, changing of textures.
- Pralines and Chocolate Bars: Chocolate truffles, filling praline molds, spraying, decorating and praline dipping technique, creating chocolate bars, storage and handling of ready pralines.
- Modern Contemporary Plated Desserts: plating techniques, preparation, modern ways of plating, introduction to basic molecular recipes.
PASTRY & CONFECTIONERY PROGRAM - 3 levels in 3 weeks
- All Fees indicated above are VAT inclusive
- The promotional offer entitles students to make complete payment before the foundation course, validity period to complete the courses is 1 year from date of payment.
- Professional Courses – 1 year work experience mandatory to enroll to the foundation course
- Non-Professional Courses – Work experience not required to enter foundation course.
- Above Fees include training costs, all course learning materials, ingredients and course work in print.
- Above Fees do not include, visa, flights, accommodation and food, these costs to be borne by the student.
- All certificates are approved by KHDA (equivalent to our Ministry of education) in UAE and Richemont in Switzerland