The 3 week Bread and Baking Program is for any indivdual who wants to upgrade their baking knowledge and hone their skills with hands-on practice and repeated exposure to the best techniques .
Completing this program successfully would enable professional bakers:
- To specialize in the field of baking and undertake craft baking operations.
- Further advance in their career to becoming Head Bakers & Executive Bakery chefs.
Introduction: Food safety and raw materials
- Dough Processing: Dough temperature, mixing and kneading, relevance of timing.
- Fermentation Process: Microflora in doughs and techniques to enhance bread quality.
- Pre-Doughs: Poolish and fermented doughs - preparation of different pre-doughs.
- Main Bread Ingredients: Wheat.
- Braiding & Shaped Bread: Braiding methods and bread design.
- Bread Quality Evaluation: Evaluation of bread quality and display.
- Introduction: Food safety and hygiene
- Bread Baking: Importance of scaling, mixing, kneading, molding and shaping the dough.
- Rye poolish, pre-ferment dough, cooked and boiled dough.
- Main Bread Ingredients: Wheat, spelt and rye.
- Baking Techniques: Long fermentation.
- New Bread Recipes: Traditional and rustic.
- Bread Cooling and Freezing: Storage and reheating.
- Bread Quality Evaluation: Evaluation of bread quality and display
- Poolish: Poolish, fermented dough and sourdough starter.
- Fermented Dough: Retarded dough,sourdough starter.
- Retarded Dough: Boiled doughs, soaker, sourdough starter.
- Boiled / Soaked Bread: Sourdough, mash.
- Sourdough and Special: Preparation, testing, tasting and presentation.
- Bread Evaluation, Tasting and Presentation: Evaluation of bread quality and display.
BREAD & BAKING PROGRAM- 3 levels in 3 weeks
- All Fees indicated above are VAT inclusive
- The promotional offer entitles students to make complete payment before the foundation course, validity period to complete the courses is 1 year from date of payment.
- Professional Courses – 1 year work experience mandatory to enroll to the foundation course
- Non-Professional Courses – Work experience not required to enter foundation course.
- Above Fees include training costs, all course learning materials, ingredients and course work in print.
- Above Fees do not include, visa, flights, accommodation and food, these costs to be borne by the student.
- All certificates are approved by KHDA (equivalent to our Ministry of education) in UAE and Richemont in Switzerland